Once……….an accident, twice………….sheer carelessness.
As some of you may know I make my own bread, Yesterday evening i put all the ingredients in the machine set it and sat down to watch Television, After about an hour and after the last knead I take the paddles out of the dough otherwise they stick in the bread and getting them out can leave great holes.
A while later I thought I could smell burning, I was right, smoke was pouring out of the vent of the BMaker, wooooooooooooooo panic, pull out the plug, it;s electric so i can’t use water. I opened the lid I realized I’d done what I’d done before………………….Left the recipe instruction leaflet in the machine between the pan and the outside casing. and it was smouldering, Quickly pulled it out with tongs and threw it in the sink, took a chance and replugged the beast to carry on baking, well I needed the bread for breakfast, Glad to say it cooked, but the recipe booklet was totally a write off and the bottom of the bread pan was full of charred paper.
Next morning I went into the kitchen and almost choked the smell was overpowering, so the morning was spent spraying with Febreze flapping the air with a dishcloth and opening all the windows.
I’ve cleaned out the BMaker and left it outside to drain, fingers crossed it will dry out and be serviceable for my next loaf on Saturday, if not I’ve already earmarked what make and model my next one will be.
- Posted in: Uncategorized