To any of my friends who may be interested, I’m sorry I haven’t been around much, apart from being busy I’ve got the beginning of Frozen Shoulder, so typing is uncomfortable, I hope to catch up soon and reply to comments.
I’m doing a C&P job on an interesting piece I received by email.
Just when you think you know most everything, you run across something like this.
Cucumbers… I didn’t know this…
WOW!!! WHAT A LITTLE GEM THE CUCUMBER IS. I WILL LOOK
AT IT DIFFERENTLY NOW.
1. Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, just onecucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5,Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus,Potassium and Zinc.
2. Feeling tired in the afternoon, put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a
Cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins and Carbohydrates thatcan provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours.
3. Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower? Try rubbing a
Cucumber slice along the mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing,
4. Are grubs and Slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a smallpie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals
In the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable tohumans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
5 Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out orto the pool? Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problemarea for a few minutes, the phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagenin your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility ofcellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!!!
6.. Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices
before going to bed and wake up refreshed and Headache free. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B Vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the bodylost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding both a hangover and headache!!
7. Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers
Have been used for centuries and often used by European trappers, traders and explores for quick meals to thwart off starvation.
8. Have an important meeting or job interview and you realize that youdon’t have enough time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber
over the shoe, its chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that notonly looks great but also repels water.
9. Out of WD 40 and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice andrub it along the problematic hinge, and voila, the squeak is gone!
10. Stressed out and don’t have time for massage, facial or visit to the spa?Cut up an entire Cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water, the chemicalsand nutrients from the cucumber react with the boiling water and be releasedin the steam, creating a soothing, relaxing aroma that has been shown the reduce
stress in new mothers and college students during final exams.
11. Just finish a business lunch and realize you don’t have gum or mints? Take aslice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30
seconds to eliminate bad breath, the phytochemcials will kill the bacteria in your
mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
12. Looking for a ‘green’ way to clean your faucets, sinks or stainless steel?
Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface you want to clean, not onlywill it remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine, but is won’t leave streaksand won’t harm your fingers or fingernails while you clean.
13. Using a Pen and made a mistake? Take the outside of the
Cucumber and slowly use it to erase the pen writing, also worksgreat on crayons and markers that the kids have used to decorate the Walls!!
Pass this along for better and safer ways to solve life’s everyday problems.
- Posted in: Uncategorized